The health and safety of Albertans are of primary concern at this time; to that effect, Cardio Connect has established a set of guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID19 transmission in our office setting. We want to reassure our patients that we are very prepared and confident as we have the strictest and most extensive sterilization protocols in place to protect your safety and comfort.
How we are keeping you safe for your upcoming appointment?
COVID19 screening of patients and staff:
· All patients will be verbally screened by phone before their appointment and in writing upon arriving at our office.
· All staff will be screened at the start of each day to determine if they are fit for work.
· Screening will also involve temperature measurements.
. Our staff have received extensive COVID-19 prevention training and we have proper protective equipment in place.
. We ensure meticulous proper hands hygiene is performed and enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) are worn by staff for each visit, including surgical masks and gloves.
. Protective barriers or separation are used throughout the treatment area where possible. And between patient visits, we clean and disinfect all exposed surface area.
· You will notice that there are no magazines/toys etc. in the reception room area to avoid contamination. All surfaces in the reception room will be wiped with disinfectant on a more frequent basis.
· You will notice a clear screen at the reception counter to avoid spread of aerosols.
Patient booking & management:
· We will be spacing out our appointments times to create social distancing and to allow us enough time for enhanced disinfection between patients.
. We will not be seeing walk-ins at this time and asked for patients to book appointments over the phone with our administrative staff.
. We ask patients, whenever our waiting room cannot respect social distancing, to wait in their cars instead of the reception area to prevent inadvertent spread of the virus, and we will call the patient when the operatory is ready for treatment.
· We ask accompanying individuals to wait in their respective vehicles (except for legal guardians or caregivers, who will also be screened).
. You will be asked to disinfect your hands prior to coming into the treatment area and upon leaving as we have disinfectant stations set up.
. We ask that patients come and leave in a protective face mask if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Thank you for being so patient and understanding during this time. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients. If you are in need of an appointment, call us at (780) 418-8884.